It's all about Ang

October 16, 2006

New Beginnings


The other week I was called down to the principal's office. I figured it was to discuss a couple of my problem students. Our meetings were frequent and always the same. The girls' behaviors could be controlled--although they couldn't--and we would continue to work on fruitless strategies to see if any of the "new tricks" may work. None ever did, and I was prepared to quit. But the meeting was not about Rikysia or Destiny. I entered the office not realizing that my life would be taking an unexpected turn...right out of Oakwood Elementary and into another 1st grade class at Sherwood Forest down the street. Apparently, enrollment was not as high as expected, and they had to release of their teacher...which was me becuase I was the last hire. At first I was really upset. How could they uproot a new teacher when first years are as hard as they are? But, as it turns out it has been a blessing in disguise. I met my new class today and I love them so much. I can actually teach this class, whereas before, not a chance. Sure, I will be dealing with typical 1st grade behavior, but thats okay. I can deal with 1st grade behaviors. And I love my new room. I love the people I work with. And I know that the Lord knew what he was doing when he removed me from Oakwood. I think he knew that I wouldn't make it there! I'll post some pics of my new kiddos as soon as I take some. They are totally cute!

Norfolk...well, to be honest, it's not the greatest. It's lonely here, and I am just too busy to get out and meet people. I have been trying out some different churches and I joined a small group, but its hard to get connected when you have not time to invest. Hopefully it will get better.

I went running yesterday. I'm hoping to run a half marathon in February, although, its a lot sooner than it was when I first started thinking about the race. I should have started training a month ago!

Well I'm off to lesson planning, and maybe another brownie. Goodbye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home